[CAUT] WNG shanks= louder piano confirmed

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Sun Sep 19 12:04:35 MDT 2010

Hi All,

Now that the hammers and new WNG are installed on the Steinway M.  Yes,
it's considerably louder than before, but some of that, I'm sure is due to
the new hammers replacing worn out hammers. The new ones, to remind you,
are Wally's Naturals, which are a usually a bit more punchy than others. I
have not started the post installing voicing yet....just the pre-voicing.
The bass is really nice and only a little bit will be needed near the
break, but the killer octaves will need quite a bit and a bit hollow.

BTW: if you would like to listen right now to our local NPR station,
they're playing quite a bit of my latest work on the piano on the Lied
Steinway for the recent Listz fest.  NET.lincoln, org, (I think). Can't
take ALL the credit, though....The Piano People rebuilt the action last
spring with Hamburg hammers.  Sounds pretty good though.

Best,
Paul