[CAUT] Down Weight Too High With New Hammers

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Tue Sep 21 12:05:43 MDT 2010

On Sep 20, 2010, at 12:30 PM, Zeno Wood wrote:

> Fred - What's your method for clamping the new felt?

	To apply the glue, a 1/16" dowel is a great applicator. Dip in glue,
touch to the edge of the felt, and rotate between your finger and
thumb. This makes it possible to get a controlled line of glue right
where you want it. I like to aim for the corner of the felt a bit in
this case, and get a bit on the end, so the glue joint is in the
corner. This leaves a gap to pull the underfelt through, if you wish
to do it that way, as recommended by Jon Page. I have also left the
existing felt if it is in good shape and wants to stay put. That way I
don't need to take them off the rail, which saves a lot of time.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico
fssturm at unm.edu