[CAUT] rosewood legs & lyre?

Mark Cramer cramer at brandonu.ca
Sat Sep 25 20:55:17 MDT 2010

  We've just received a turn of the century Bluthner grand that once
belonged to one of the School of Music's earliest piano technicians. The
cabinet is rosewood, but sadly the legs and lyre aren't original, and
don't do the instrument any favors.

I'm not looking for originals, just some heavy turned /faux bois/
Rosewood legs and lyre; reasonable condition/price, that we could adapt
in order to share this instrument in public.
Rosewood seemed to be the "mahogany" of the mid 1800's and there were no
doubt many mediocre instruments that may have been outlived by their
woodwork.

Does anyone have or know of a "bone-yard" that may have some?

thanks
Mark Cramer, RPT
Brandon University