[CAUT] Susan Graham

Delwin D Fandrich del at fandrichpiano.com
Wed Sep 29 19:52:15 MDT 2010

That is sad. Two wonderful people gone from our midst in such a brief time.

When I think of Susan I think of walking into a classroom-back in 1980s
sometime-and seeing the whole room ringed with paper. It was a project
management chart breaking the process of rebuilding a piano down into
individual and precise steps. Who but Susan would have thought of doing this
let alone teaching the rest of us how it was done?

When I think of Virgil it is, of course, an image of his tuning away-by
ear-showing us all that tuning could also be an art.

ddf

Delwin D Fandrich

Piano Design & Fabrication

620 South Tower Avenue