[CAUT] Forum use

Horace Greeley hgreeley at sonic.net
Thu Feb 3 10:41:44 MST 2011

Hi, Jim,

You wouldn't like LA...Don didn't mention that you can only see the
mountains during the Winter months...too much smog.  The old Indian
name for the whole LA basin was the "valley of the smokes", because
the location of individual settlements could be located by the
columns of smoke rising from their fires.  On the other hand, I've
been in Provo when it was hard to discern the Wasatch range,
too...so, the main thing about LA is that it's closer to the ocean...

Cheers!

Horace