[CAUT] Vertical action replacement

Douglas Wood dew2 at u.washington.edu
Thu Feb 3 17:27:32 MST 2011

Hi, all,

I'm researching options for replacing a Steinway K action. So far I've
only come up with double-flange parts for the old frame by Tokiwa
through PianoTek, and a new Fandrich action from Darrell.

Steinway is not willing to sell me a current-production action
complete at this time (I did that once in the past, and was quite
happy).

So are there any other options? Anyone ever order an action complete
from Renner or Herrberger Brooks?

Doug

Doug Wood
Piano Technician