[CAUT] Bum set of NY hammers, I'm afraid

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Fri Feb 11 14:59:37 MST 2011

Paul writes:

>>   Myhours are up on the UNL clock, so I need to vacate the premesis at allcosts!!  Boss doesn't like over 40 hours!!  (that's another thingfor a different day...How are we supposed to 'really' get these pianosin great shape when the boss refuses to pay overtime????? with 110 instrumentsto care for, this is impossible!!  )   With the overtime needed,I can make over $100,000 year! Yaya!!  Of course, I'd never be home....(sadface)<<

Greetings,
If you continue to give it away, they will have no reason to pay what you are worth.  If there is no enough time to take care of the pianos "on the clock" and you make up the difference in free time, you are teaching them that you can be had, and they will.
  You might consider letting the condition of the pianos reflect the shortage of hours they are buying, and then the "boss" can decide if that is really what they want.
 Time is the ONLY thing that we possess that has real value, and when it is gone, it is gone forever.  There are no "do-overs" in this life, so charge what you are worth.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
http://www.piano-tuners.org/edfoote/index.htmll