[CAUT] NY hammers/ Hamburg hammers

Ward & Probst, Inc wardprobst at wardprobst.com
Sat Feb 12 21:13:23 MST 2011

April 10, 1979 we had an F5 triple Siamese formation blow a mile plus wide
strip through Wichita Falls. I got to work on quite a few "twister" pianos.
I know you love pianos more than to wish that on them but I appreciate the
humor.

The best story was the Conn console that was picked up and set down six
house away from the original home. Actually I should say six slabs away as
that part of the city looked like a photo of Hiroshima after the nuclear
bombing. It was picked up, sat down on the slab in playing position (the
only vertical thing around) and other than scratches and usual debris inside
(insulation, wood splinters, etc) it was playable after cleanup. Well, as
playable as it was before...

DP
Dale Probst, RPT
Registered Piano Technician