[CAUT] The high cost of trying to save money (was: NY hammers/ Hamburg hammers)

Edward Sambell esambell at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 13 11:50:31 MST 2011

A friend of mine had to explain  to a customer that the tuning on her grand
would not hold due to loose tuning pins. Later he was consulted again to review
the piano, and to his amazement found the entire pins encased in a neat slab of
cement.The owner of the piano had discussed the problem with a building
contractor friend who suggested he could fix the problem, and to get a tuning
done and call him immediately. In the meantime he built the necessary forms. I
asked my friend if he intended to add a jackhammer to his toolkit. These are the
concrete facts.

Ted Sambell