[CAUT] Steinway "sound"

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Wed Feb 16 08:43:23 MST 2011

  As it is with so  with professional wine tasters,  so it is with folks with professionally trained ears. There is a higher degree of sensory focus.
  Yes, there may still be subjectivity but I believe there could be such a test of ears as proposed.
   Often I hear a piano on the radio. & most of the time I am sure  when its a Stwy. Other time I'm not sure. True , most of the time these npr radio concerts will have a larger preponderance of Stwy Ds recorded on them but its the odd ones I can't guess.  I think it is because I am so familiar with the sound of a  N.Y. factory prepared by the CD dept or other competent tech.  A German D nope..... , but N.Y. usually

Dale S. Erwin
www.Erwinspiano.com
Custom restoration
Ronsen Piano hammers