[CAUT] Steinway "sound"

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Wed Feb 16 12:52:10 MST 2011

I hear that, David! <G>

Paul

From:
"David Love" <davidlovepianos at comcast.net>
To:
<caut at ptg.org>
Date:
02/16/2011 09:49 AM
Re: [CAUT] Steinway "sound"

Forgive me if I’m repeating myself, but I think for those rebuilding the
issue isn’t so much whether we can by listening to a piano identify what
it is, rather it’s whether the customer/artist/musician when they sit down
to something we’ve redone feels that it falls within a range of what they
hoped for/wanted/expected.  If by our own devices we deviate too far from
the norm, we’ll hear about it.  In fairness, that may be a positive thing
for some, but it won’t be for everyone and for some it will be a
negative.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com