[CAUT] Streicher "sound"

Laurence Libin lelibin at optonline.net
Fri Feb 18 14:48:20 MST 2011

It's great that some schools, as well as many performers, are recognizing the special qualities of pre-modern pianos. Does your soprano enjoy the lower pitch?
Laurence

  Schubert Lieder?  We have a soprano with a beautiful but not big voice.  Then I play on our 1816 reproduction Nannette Streicher.  Now I understand the many colors of Schubert!  Her unforced and sometimes soft voice, and the many colors and clarity possible by multiple pedals is enchanting!

  Jim McKeever

  University of Wisconsin-Parkside