[CAUT] well-prepared piano Bunger 2nd ed

Horace Greeley hgreeley at sonic.net
Fri Feb 18 23:41:53 MST 2011

Hi,

It happens that I worked with Richard at some length while he was
working on the set of lectures which became the book.  From the
outset, he was vitally concerned that whatever techniques he
described would be as unintrusive as possible.  We worked on a number
of different brands and models of pianos at several different
locations while developing the instructions.  Quite fun work.

While times have definitely changed in that what was nominally avant
garde 40 years ago is now more than a bit passe now, overall I think
that his work still holds up pretty well; and can provide a good
starting place for developing guidelines and rules.

Best.

Horace