[CAUT] Lacquered hammers

Horace Greeley hgreeley at sonic.net
Sat Feb 19 10:04:53 MST 2011

Hi, Del,

There's lots here; and, I don't think we're basically in any disagreement.

Most of my early experience was at S&S, in the 60's, and from people
who had been on the line since before WWII.  There is no question in
my mind but what their memories of past glories clouded those of what
may actually have occurred.  At the same time, I do think that one
can track (albeit probably without any written documentation)
approximately when such hardened started happening, at least as to
instruments used in concerts and, later, in recording.

I'll try to get back to this later today tomorrow.

Thanks very much!

Best.

Horace