[CAUT] Fabric softener on hard hammers

Keith Roberts keithspiano at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 09:33:27 MST 2011

Supposedly the fabricsoftner keeps working. Use just enough to do the job
was the warning. The mixture I saw that I liked was 16 to 1, Base to soft.
The base was 70% alcohol and 30 % water which is Isopropyl. Seemed to do
just enough and after it dries, you can't feel the chemical on the surface
of the hammer. I didn't soak the surface of the tip and tried to leave a
little hard spot under it so I had something to work with the needles. The
piano sounded much better and I never even did any needling.

KR