[CAUT] tone color

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Thu Feb 24 12:42:19 MST 2011

Ed,

I guess it's returnable, isn't it? Big companies, warantees and such. What happened?

JB

Sent from my iPod

On Feb 24, 2011, at 11:03 AM, "Ed Foote" <a440a at aol.com<mailto:a440a at aol.com>> wrote:

Greetings,
Fred writes:
>>  Then you have a number of cauts, inspired by this rhetoric, persuading their departments/schools to put a sizable chuck of money into such an enterprise. And the result, in a number of cases I know about, is that the instrument is a disaster from a practical point of view: nobody will play it.  <snip>it. But that poor caut is in an untenable position of having staked his/her reputation, and has to live with the result. Faculty and students unhappy, money out the window <<

That is exactly what happened here.  However, it was a D that was sent to the factory restoration center in New York.  They certainly don't have the market for poor work cornered, and there is no guarantee that any piano will respond, but that doesn't excuse the shoddy work they tried to pass off as normal.
Regards,
Ed Foote