[CAUT] Fabric softener on hard hammers

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Thu Feb 24 17:03:23 MST 2011

David,

I agree with Dale. Arlan Harris, a top NY tech gave a demonstration last Saturday on how he does it, in Carnegie Hall, or anywhere. I've done it here kind of as a remedial method, but judiciously used it can be a great high-level technique. (Not a hack job as I used to think)

Arlan used cheese cloth. One layer for mild, double for more, doubled again for Chinese hammers <G>. He never used it on the crown, but at 1:00 and 11:00. Proceed cautiously. That's his drill.

Regards,
Jim