[CAUT] Upright tone openings

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Sun Feb 27 11:11:14 MST 2011

They look imposing but can sound too loud at the keyboard because the soundboard is right in front of the player's face; also the mechanical noise was prominent. This wasn't desirable especially in a smallish parlor,

I think Laurence might have the answer here. Upright pianos, from spinets to studios, are most often found in smaller homes and apartments. Not much sound needs to come from these instruments to satisfy the customer.

Just an idea.

Wim