[CAUT] Steinway sound

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 28 09:14:04 MST 2011

For what it's worth, here is another question:

David Stanwood's Touchweight Metrology formulas (ca. 1995) have brought about a revolution (or evolutionary change) in action rebuilding, including, I think it's fair to say, a small cottage industry in redesigning Steinway actions.

Is anyone complaining that these instruments "Don't have the Steinway touch?"

(I have heard a Steinway trained salesman say "If you want the Steinway touch, you've got to have a genuine Steinway!")

Ed Sutton