[CAUT] collection of hammers

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Mon Feb 28 09:24:30 MST 2011

On Feb 28, 2011, at 8:49 AM, Laurence Libin wrote:

> Since there's no comprehensive, systematic museum of piano
> artifacts, private collections like Abel's are extremely important.
> Maybe the PTG could at least assemble a list of such private holdings.
> Laurence

I don't know whether the Piano Museum in Limoux, France is known to
many. I happened to pick up a brochure in the next town, but couldn't
visit due to time contraints. http://www.epyrenees.com/guide/business.php?business=13507
  gives some details. It is apparently a bootstrap operation by the
French Association of Piano Restorers and Tuners (the A.F.A.R.P.) Just
thought I'd mention it - not exactly a "private holding" but a
collection of potential interest outside the "official museum" circuit.

Regards,
Fred Sturm
fssturm at unm.edu
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." Twain