[CAUT] Building humidity now, GREAT!

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Jan 8 10:23:01 MST 2011

On 1/8/2011 9:43 AM, joel a. jones wrote:
> Ron, & list
>
> Champion humidity. It's definitely worth the effort.

That's exactly what I did, every single tuning round for at least ten
years prior to the HVAC "upgrade", and what I do at every opportunity. I
consider it to be absolutely stupid to chase 30¢ pitch changes in 20 or
120 pianos twice a year or more, year after year for lack of humidity
control, and then not to include humidity control in a million dollar
upgrade of the HVAC system. I'm always on good terms with the
maintenance folks. They get me in to places where the administration
scheduled tunings, but made no attempt to arrange physical access.
Taking George to lunch, or to Europe for that matter won't get a non
existent humidification system turned on. Their climate control is not a
bit better now than it was before the upgrade, but their pianos continue
to age and deteriorate. There was money for the new HVAC system that
didn't address the problem for which it was installed, and for last
years new track and football field, but their fleet of untunable pianos
isn't getting badly needed rebuilds (they passed beyond repair potential
a good 20 years ago) for lack of money.

Ron N