[CAUT] Humidity (HVAC codes)

Keith Roberts keithspiano at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 12:31:47 MST 2011

I understand, I'm just pointing out drawbacks others might find. Different
buildings, ya know? Changing the balance of the system is what keeps
everybody fighting. When you do that, you change the air flow to all the
branches on your leg of the system. The guy in the next room is trying to
figure out what went wacko so he blocks off part of his registers because
now they are blowing twice as hard. Paperwork is leaving the desk on it's
own. They have adjustments on all the ducts and they are in the ceiling.
They don't let just anyone mess with them. That's why they don't put
adjustable registers on. Be sneaky and re balance the system. The next air
guy out ther will think the last guy did it even if he notices anything.
They changed the heating ducts at the ski resort and the guy with the locker
that got heat, didn't have it anymore. I said some thing about tapping into
the ducts in the ceiling and he got Joe, our union tinknocker friend, (Joe
is FAST), to put a duct in. The dummies put a 6 inch line in probably
because that's all Joe had laying around and didn't throttle it enough. I
guess the guy whose office got cold complained. Caught!!!

Do what you want Fred but get the building guys to help you, under the
table. wink, wink, nod, nod
KR