[CAUT] glue add-on!

James Patrick Draine draine at me.com
Sat Jan 15 19:50:55 MST 2011

On Jan 14, 2011, at 10:56 PM, Ron Nossaman wrote:

>  In the factory, there wasn't a glue pot, but rather a trough the length of the stack. When I asked, it was said to be hide glue.

Oh -- information on factory tours! Like the suit proudly telling us tubular rails continue to be used in their verticals since the beginning (we showed him the wooden rails). The 16 degree angle for tuning pins (quoth the supervisor at the E.Rochester Aeolian plant). And the guy showing us around the Falcone/Mason & Hamlin factory proudly telling us about the high quality woods being used ". . . and all the bridge caps are made of balsa wood!" Boxwood was, I believe, what he meant to say (then again he might not have known the difference).
Sometimes we just mis-speak. Fortunately these gems were tossed off quite a while ago.

Patrick