[CAUT] Puzzler

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Mon Jan 17 11:58:43 MST 2011

Jack center? Loose or broken jack tender?

In a message dated 1/17/2011 12:26:11 P.M. Central Standard Time,
johnsond at stolaf.edu writes:

Hi-

I got time today to share a problem that I don't  remember encountering
before, and it had me scratching my head for a bit to  figure out.  Last Friday
I was doing final regulation pass on a S&S B  action job with new shanks
and hammers, backcheck leather, key bushing, and  key frame felt.  Centers
were all repinned as necessary also. While going  last time through let off I
noticed one note in the middle was inconsistent.  Press the key slowly once
and let off was just right.  Press a second  time and let off was way off.
Play the note, check again, and let off is  good.  Check slowly now and it's
way off.  Immediately I looked at  the let off button felt, which seemed
slightly loose so I reglued it securely  and tried again.  No change.  By quick
visual inspection everything  looked fine with the parts.  Know what it
was?

Dennis.