[CAUT] Stuart & Son on NPR

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Jan 19 19:40:57 MST 2011

On 1/19/2011 6:49 PM, Fred Sturm wrote:

> Just a couple thoughts about this statement: I assume it is a summary of
> the collective conclusion, essentially discounting any effect beyond
> that of the added mass.

There is at least one additional effect. The agraffe is indeed a
slightly better termination than a conventionally pinned bridge, as is a
capo. The point was that the mass of the agraffe will in itself, make a
difference.

Without a cascade of guesses on guesses, both additional mass, or
similar overall mass with the higher mass concentration in the immediate
area of the termination will increase sustain. That's by hands on testing.
Ron N