[CAUT] [pianotech] Tuning Forks and their origin & calibration

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Fri Jan 21 15:07:46 MST 2011

OK...I'm warped on a Friday afternoon.   I took my fork and; and 64
degrees compared to the "phone dial", it is close to A440...a little flat.
I warmed the fork for a few minutes in my pocket to probably A-440.5. My
fork was flat as I first thought on the first try.  The second try was
only a minute later, so probably not up to 68.5, so what a thing!  I think
the phone dial is really at 440! (or very close to it). Susan, nice job!
:>)  Do we really have nothing else to do ;>). What if someone walks into
our shop while doing this crazy experiment?? Wow!  Nobody here while doing
mine, thank, God!!....it's gotta look strange.

I don't have a calibration tool at the handy, but strange if this is
so.....and why it is so...

It must be the government implanting frequencies in our brains!! lol

Nice to know.

Paul