[CAUT] Fwd: Steinway sound-Hammer weights

Keith Roberts keithspiano at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 07:57:11 MST 2011

With my new 25" monitor and using firefox, the pictures look ok. The wide
angle lens from that close gives the bubble look. Notice you can't see the
sides of the hammers at either end. Get farther away and telephoto in is the
only solution. However on the attachment, I thought it was a pencil mark but
it's someones hair laying across the old hammers. Good thing you aren't a
chef.

On the old hammers, notice the under felt is distorted. Not much felt in
that press to flatten everything out.
I was trying to achieve the shape of the gray area of the old hammers on the
Ronsen hammers with the plastic hardener. Somehow what seems familiar is
what we think looks good.
Keith     Roberts