[CAUT] New Format

Zeno Wood zeno.wood at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 11:13:43 MST 2011

A pile-on!  Here's my 2 cents:

1. It's too busy looking.
2. I don't think it's intuitive at all.  There are so many different links
that essentially do the same thing, but there are also times that I don't
know how to get to a certain screen.  For example, I've sometimes found
myself at pianotech or caut with the two tabs, home, and members, yet other
times I'm at the same "communities" but I don't see those tabs.
3. What's with the stars, rating members?
4. What's the purpose of establishing a contact with someone else?
5. Already mentioned by others, but the default for replying should be
without text.  Somewhere in there I read some guidelines/rules for
participating and it specifically mentions not sending back everybody else's
previously published text.

That all said, I'm happy to try it for a month, as Allan suggests.  I
recognize and respect all the work that has gone into this big change and
would not want to waste that effort if the payoff at the end is worth it.
But, simpler is better, and I think that the old archives were great -
visually super clear, they could be re-organized and sorted by
date/author/subject, and if the search function worked, then it met all our
needs.  (I also think that adding spell-check is a mistake - just more bells
and whistles.)

Regards,
Zeno Wood