[CAUT] New Format

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Mon Mar 7 12:53:32 MST 2011

On Mar 7, 2011, at 12:01 PM, Zeno Wood wrote:

> Ah-ha!  This little mini-thread (Wood, Sturm, Davis, Grassi, Love,
> Porritt) was all sent via the old CAUT list, so it hasn't (yet?)
> shown up on the new ptg.  All these priceless words of wisdom...

I could have sent to/via the myPTG site, but there are, to date, a few
more than 70 signed up to the caut list there. They are not the ones I
wanted to communicate with for this moment and on this topic. On
substantive topics (technical stuff having to do with the piano),
however, I will probably not post again to the listserv, and I may
simply unsubscribe quite soon. The current flurry of chatter, though
it has its use and its place, is not the sort I prefer to spend my
time on.
	The immediacy and speed of the unfettered email is a nice attribute,
but organizing things and making them a bit more cumbersome may lead
to more substance, less chaff. OK, I'm an optimist <G>. But it is a
two-edged sword: if it is really easy to send something, a lot of
people "twitter." I'm with those who heartily dislike facebook and
twitter and other forms of chattering on and saying nothing. I don't
want to listen.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
fssturm at unm.edu
“Art is not a mirror held up to reality, but a hammer with which to
shape it.” Brecht