[CAUT] (no subject)

Dempsey Jr., Paul E dempsey at marshall.edu
Wed Mar 9 08:56:21 MST 2011

I, like so many others, am disappointed and saddened at the apparently soon demise of the Caut and Pianotech list serve.

I have been an avid reader of both lists since the mid 90's and have learned much from both.

Sure, there is a lot of mind numbing chatter, un-necessary reposting and the occasional flame wars. But, that is what the delete button is for.

I learned early on whose posts to automatically skip and whose to read and even save in a file for future reference. There are some, namely, Nosseman, Fandrich, Foote, Mannino, Stanwood, Anderson, and a host of others that I will absolutely read anything they care to write.

I spend time everyday on MyPTG trying to learn the ropes. I find it confusing, difficult to navigate, too time consuming. I have seen no improvement over what we've had all this time.

No one asked me what I thought of this change.

Like others, I'll hang in there for a while, but if it doesn't get real better real soon, then I'll have to go. I've got work to do.

Tell me, if they wanted a Facebook format why didn't they just open a Facebook account?

Paul E. Dempsey, RPT
Piano Technician Sr.
Marshall University
Huntington, WV