[CAUT] CAUT Digest, Vol 29, Issue 68

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Fri Mar 11 08:35:54 MST 2011

Forgive me for being critical of the presentation of this new technology
from the outset but the message that came out in the beginning (at least
that I got) was that delivery of postings by email will at some point cease.
That is what I so strongly objected to.  If it's the case that one can
either get the posting sent to ones email either in digest format (as you
suggest) or as individual messages, whether as HTML links or plain text
formats, then I have no objection and can recognize some benefits to the
organizational properties.  It was the notion that to follow a thread I
would have to log into the website and root around to monitor the progress
that was the main objection that I had and, I think, many others had.  I
think this all could have been avoided if some greater attention had been
paid to communicating what the change actually meant in terms of actual use.

Anyway, if I have that correct, then I doth not protest.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com