[CAUT] Stwy A (6' 1") speaking lengths

Overs Pianos sec at overspianos.com.au
Tue Mar 22 17:56:17 MDT 2011

At 7:20 PM +0000 18/3/11, Dr. Henry Nicolaides wrote:
>. . . It is interesting.  I think there are specs and then there is
>the real world in dealing with variables in manufacturing and
>assembly.

Well that depends upon who is doing the manufacturing and assembly.
What's the point in having specs if there is no commitment to
building to the spec, since its a sure way to waste a lot of time
when things don't line up?

Of all the Steinways we've rebuilt over the years, I can't ever
recall seeing one where the datum holes in the plate matched the
datum marks on the soundboard.

Ron O.
--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY
    Grand Piano Manufacturers

Web http://overspianos.com.au
mailto:ron at overspianos.com.au

A web page with images of recent work and almost-audio-CD quality mp3
sound files of the Overs piano can be found at;
http://overspianos.com.au/more_info.htm

So put on your headphones, plug them into your freshly restarted
computer and sit back to over 20 minutes of pure piano.