[CAUT] GH1 tuning problem

Robert Callaghan robert.callaghan at harmonicity.com
Sun Jun 10 13:05:09 MDT 2012

I think part of the GH1's problem is the lowest plain wire, just above the break, in my opinion is too light.  To get that low of a note the strings have to be at fairly low tension. To me, lowest 6 notes or so sounded like a Hawaiian slack string guitar.  So I restrung one once with heavier gauge wire there and it was improved.  Probably what it really needed though was to have wound bass strings above the break.