piano bench repairs

reevesj@BYUGATE.BYU.EDU reevesj@BYUGATE.BYU.EDU
Fri, 12 Aug 1994 09:37:50 -0700

We have 450 pianos at BYU and 100 of them are in the dorms, so we do
a lot of bench repair.  As you know, the corner brackets get bent and
that corner piece gets broken off, and after the brackets are
straightened they aren't as strong, and sometimes I can't find the
right size replacement brackets from supply houses.

But I found that the bench that comes with the Yamaha P22 has a very
heavy bracket in that hard to find size.  I ordered two dozen from
Yamaha and it took a month to get them, but they are a good
replacement unit.