Journal article

DavidmP842@aol.com DavidmP842@aol.com
Sat, 13 Aug 1994 18:06:07 -0400 (EDT)

Kent Swafford:

Whoa there Pardner!  Wait just a goll-durn minute!  I had to admit that I
could do more business with a car that my old horse.  Then I even had to
admit that I could keep track of my customers better with one of these new
fangled computers instead of my shoe box full of 3 by 5 cards.  Now you want
me to admit that I could do a better job tuning with an Akee-Tooner!  Just
how much macho can a guy give up?

Great article in the latest P.T.G. Journal!  I too bought an S.A.T. two years
ago.  Now about the only time I don't use it is for marketing reasons (you
know the customer who calls and says "You don't use one of those electronic
whirly-gigs do you?  I've got 'perfect pitch' and I can't stand that kind of
tuning.")

Unfortunately, some of us were pretty convincing in our denigration speeches
back when the "Strobo-Conn" was the best visual tuning aid available.  We
probably should have said something like "electronic tuning aids are not good
enough YET."  Now our words are coming back to haunt us.  I think the
accuracy possible with the Sanderson has forced at least a grudging
acceptance by the more progressive or our colleagues.  I'm enjoying the
dialog going on now about this.

Thanks for your work in The Journal.  I always enjoy the articles.

Dave Porritt