using the list

reevesj@BYUGATE.BYU.EDU reevesj@BYUGATE.BYU.EDU
Wed, 17 Aug 1994 06:48:27 -0700

I get copies of all the error messages that are generated by this
ListProcessor.  I'm assuming that they come here because I'm the list
owner and that they don't go out to everyone on the list.  The most
common mistake made is in sending the review command.

Review will get you the names of all non-concealed people subscribed
to pianotech (that's everyone, because no one is concealed) but the
command must be sent to
                 listserv@byu.edu
and not to pianotech@byu.edu.  In the body of the message say
                review pianotech
It's interesting to send the review command from time to time to see
how many are subscribed.  The server will respond to your request
quicker if the request is sent at non-peak times (not 10am to 6pm
mountain).  It may take several hours to get your answer during those
times and only a few minutes during slow time, because the machine
processes email messages first, and requests backlog until there is
unused time.

If you haven't yet sent the request for help you might enjoy doing
that.  Send email to      listserv@byu.edu
leave the subject blank and in the body of the message say
            help
You will get a brief description of the set of requests recognized by
ListProcessor.

Danny, I don't know if the messages are archived and my CSR is on
vacation, so it may be a week or two before I can get that answer.
As I'm sure you already know, "help" talks about archived files, but
I don't have a clue as to the address.  My particular program
(Wordperfect Office 4.0) does have a trash file that saves everything
for several days, but it's not selective, so you would have to wade
through every email message I've received, not just pianotech stuff,
and I don't know how long it is saved for.

Well, University meeting begin next week, and the semester begins the
following week, so I'd better get going.  Have a good day

Jack Reeves