Thomas D. Seay, III t.seay@mail.utexas.edu
Tue, 23 Aug 1994 17:59:26 -0500

>Anyone have an opinion on "The Sudnow Method" of teaching piano?
>The guy is trying to get people interested in his method on
>rec.music.makers.piano bulletin board.
>
>Just wonderin'...

The method of teaching which  David Sudnow has created works really well. I
met him during his brief stay here in Austin, where he and I were working
with the same piano retailer.

His method for piano playing is based on sound musical principles,  albeit
at a very basic, elementary level. If you follow his instructions and
practice the way he advocates, you will be able to play a melody and add
some basic jazz/blues chords to it.

Having known him for a year or so, I can't really say that I care for him
or his "extremely laid-back"  lifestyle very much. But that's neither here
nor there and I certainly don't want to be judgemental about anyone.

All in all, it is a pretty good teaching system for learning basic
jazz/blues playing.

Kindest regards,

Thomas D. Seay,  RPT
The University of Texas at Austin