First Brochure

Ronald L. Berry 74344.2341@compuserve.com
Fri, 26 Aug 1994 18:12:50 -0400 (EDT)

Danny et al:

The note I sent to Danny the other day was about the fact the Earl Orcutt has
scanned and formatted the PTG Bulletin on Pitch Raising as a first brochure to
place on Compuserve.  There is the Music/Arts Forum which has a fair amout of
traffic from Piano technicians as well as musicians.  There have been many
questions about pianos, brands to purchase, etc.  There has been a Board
committee of PTG (That means that they report to the Board, not they they are
made up of the Board) on Electronic Communication.  This committee has felt it
would be wise to try to establish a presence on Compuserve for PTG.  This
brochure is a first attempt.

There are a number of bulletins and brochures that may be appropriate , plus
some info on buying a new piano or used piano.  If there were a library file on
those subjects, we wouldn't have to come up with a new answer every time.  We
are even kicking around having a list of RPTs by State available for download.

We felt that compuserve would reach people in the general public fairly well and
it would be a cheap way to get exposure for PTG.  It seems to me that this
listserv here will be well suited for technical questions among piano techs
which may get old in the more public forum on Compuserve.  There is no forum
just for pianos, we are working in the sections titled Sound/Instruments and The
Music Industry.  Those both leave it pretty broad.

I am sending a copy of the bulletin to this mailing list.  The content of the
text is already established for our PTG bulletins.  See what you think of the
format and the wording at the end.  You can respond to Earl Orcutt at
73524.1543@compuserve.com

Thanks to you all and special thanks to Jack Reeves for setting up this
listserver.

Ron Berry