AOL

Tcoates@aol.com Tcoates@aol.com
Sun, 16 Oct 1994 18:57:03 -0400

>I'd like to think PIANOTEK is a place where flame wars isn't going to be
>tolerated.  I think, too, that assuming that a person who acts in a
>particular fashion elsewhere in the virtual world is going to behave in a
>similar fashion on a listserver is being a bit presumptuous.  Further, I
>think comments such as Tim's unnecessarily prejudice others who may >not be
>familiar with the newcomer.

>Perhaps becoming familiar with the "D"-elete command in the mode >wherein
>you select which email/article to read is the thing to do. Short of
>ignoring posts from those whose opinions strike us as being unpopular or
>annoying, perhaps it would be best to take up your grievances with
>individuals in private.

>Regards,

>Ron Torrella
>School of Music
>University of Illinois

Hello Ron:

Thank you for your comments.  This listserv is basically an anarchy, and has
functioned quite professionally.  I have appreciated the insightful
discussions.  You are correct that I shouldn't have tried to temper other
people's perceptions about another person.  It should have been handled
privately, as you suggest.  I apologize for my error in judgement in this
matter.

Tim Coates, RPT
University of South Dakota