Bluthner, History, SAT II

PHIL SLOFFER, MA067 855-1244 PSLOFFER@ucs.indiana.edu
Sat, 22 Oct 1994 05:24:15 -0500 (EST)

From: Phil Sloffer
      IU School of Music
      Bloomington IN

To: All you pie-anna tunars   (That's what we're called in
                              Sticksville Indiana)

Hello Hello

Blthner pianos:  Best person to talk to is Bill Kasimoff.  He is
in the PTG.  I won't print is number and address here except to
say it is in the "book".  The PTG Directory that is.

The only Blthner I have ever tuned had extra strings on little
posts up in the treble.  Also the action was very different.  I
talked to Kasimoff at a PTG convention in Dallas and he has the
specs. for that type of Blthner action, if that is what you
have. I think there is an article in an old PTG journal too.

History:  There is a PTG member, in Chicago I think, I don't
recall his name.  He collects all kinds of old PTG stuff.  If I
remember his name I'l mention it.  Most likely one of you already
know who I am talking about.

Well I have my very own SAT II.  I use it every day and I can
almost remember how it works without checking the manual.  I am
very pleased with it and it has been a real help.

One problem I encountered had to do with static electrical charge
building up in me and when I touched it it would shut off.  I
called Inventronic and got all the dope on that.  I touch the
plate now before I touch the SAT.  Have any of you had that sort
of problem??

The other question I had was about storing tunings.  Do any of
you store tunings on your PC?  What sort of software do you need?

Later,
-Phil