fitness & hearing

richard west rwest@unlinfo.unl.edu
Sun, 09 Apr 1995 11:42:18 -0500 (CDT)

Some time ago I read an article with the headline "Fitness Buffer to
Hearing Loss."  I don't remember all the details but preliminary
studies indicated good physical fitness was good for the ears.  Ear
dumbbells, anyone?  Attach them to your custom ear plugs for a good
ear workout.  (In light of all the unusual products that have appeared
in pianotech, the dumbbells fit right in.  The fitness part is for
real.)

I presume these custom ear plugs are good for shop work as well as
tuning.  I have earmuffs but to be effective they have to be tight and
they get really uncomfortable after awhile.  Can I substitute the ear
plugs for the earmuffs?

Also, I don't have Israel Stein's email address.  Israel, if you get
this, could you let me know if it's okay to use your posts about
hearing loss.  This would be for the Nebraska Chapter newsletter.
Thanks.

Richard West
University of Nebraska
rwest@unlinfo.unl.edu