teaching books

DAVander@aol.com DAVander@aol.com
Fri, 14 Apr 1995 16:41:28 -0400

On 4-12-95 Conrad Hoffsommer wrote:

>To dem wat teeches...

>After a four year absence, I'm gearing up to teach my shotgun
>course in "Piano Tuning & Technology". -impressive, no?

>In the past I've used Reblitz for technical, and Good's  _Giraffes,
>Black Dragons and other Pianos_ for historical perspective.

>Are there other general history books comparable that I should
>consider?

What about a book by Owen Jorgensen about Tuning?  From what I've heard it
would give you an overview of  historical (eighteenth and nineteenth century)
temperaments.

BTW, does anyone know the exact title of this book and information about
where to order a copy of it?

Thanks!
David Vanderhoofven
davander@aol.com