compression of punchings

Susan Willanger susanw@u.washington.edu
Sun, 16 Apr 1995 23:16:33 -0700 (PDT)

YES   I have washed numerous old sets of punchings inside of panty hose .
It only adds a great deal of resilience to them. I usually spread them
all out on the ironing board to dry and put heavy (sort of heavy) objects
on them to press them until they are dry. Those old beautiful Steinway
Front Rail punchings respond especially well to this treatment and the
size is always correct.
Susan Willanger
University of Washington