Tight centers

Don_Mannino@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com Don_Mannino@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com
Tue, 15 Aug 1995 13:29:07 -0400 (EDT)

>Richard Bittner  RPT wrote:

>>Don,
I started to use Naphtha and Mineral oil on all the Wurlitzer hammer
centers in my shop.
We use an 8 to 1 ratio and so far we have not recieved any call backs.

We started with this on January 1 1995,  to about 30 Wurlitzer grands.
  Before we were using Protek and many customers
complained about sticking hammers.  This also goes for Young Chang
and Webers.

any comments?<<

Richard,

We tested Naptha and Mineral Oil, as well as every other popular lubricant know
to piano technicians.  It masks the problem but does not eliminate it. The
mineral oil is fairly stable and will last a while, but these pianos will become
sluggish again 1 to 3 years after the application of the lubricant.

The tightness of the bushing must be eliminated for a permanent repair, and
unfortunately for our warranty expense budget, lubrication only makes things
slippery for a while.

Don_Mannino@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com