Piana to Havana on CNN

Benjamin Treuhaft blt@igc.apc.org
Tue, 29 Aug 1995 23:31:56 -0700

The local t.v. stations are lapping up these pianas to havana.  This
morning I was allowed to sing my Tuner's Lament on a cable network and
tomorrow another station will be filming.  It's not to late to get
involved either by sending stuff (tarnished universal bass strings,
cheap hammer sets, sets of used oversize tuning pins) or a spot of cash
to buy more parts and shipping.  One or two tuners have even been
thinking of sneaking over with me to help with the rebuilding.  The
10-year prison sentence and $300,000 fine are so unconstitutional you
can just ignore it.  Most people do.