Back Issues On Line / CD

John Musselwhite musselj@cadvision.com
Sat, 30 Dec 1995 23:17:14 -0700

>What would it take to publish back issues of the Journal on line?
>Two, the believe that what is in there is of so little value that we ought to
>give it away for free to anyone who wants it.

That is very true. The information provided to the general public over
something like the Internet should be almost exactly what exists now rather
than trying to make *everything* available. The Piano Page is an excellent
*free* resource for most of the world.  I even have reservations about
making the pianotech mailing list available, but that's another story.

>Personally, I like the proposals I have been reading suggesting putting it
>out on CD ROM.

I concur. Such a resource would be a wonderful tool.

>That, too, would be expensive. But I know I am not the first who would sign

To do it right is a long-term project which would probably require more
money than we could come up with. On the other hand there is the possibility
that educational institutions and libraries might support the project.

>Perhaps some interested entrepreneur would decide to strike a deal with PTG
>to produce them, saving PTG from the outlay, but assuring it profits in the
>form of royalties and/or profit sharing.

Just don't let Bill Gates get hold of it or we'll see a "Multimedia Piano"
and "Multimedia Piano Professional" containing every piece of infomation
about the piano available including the PTG archives with hypertext links
and stereo sound.

>So sign me up!

Ditto!

                        John
John Musselwhite, RPT               Calgary, Alberta Canada
musselj@cadvision.com                  Season's Greetings!