This list

Ron Berry ronberry@iquest.net
Mon, 02 Jan 1995 22:32 -0500 (EST)

I had kicked around the idea that this list should be "advertised" by making
notices in the appropriate places on the internet.  The more I thought about
this I think that just advertising it in the Journal might be the best.

The current places that I know of where piano discussions are taking place are:
        Music Arts Forum on Compuserve.  This is a very general forum with
most                   activity taking place in the Instruments/sound
category.  We get many                  requests for info on buying pianos
and other consumer topics.  We are
                working on uploading the PTG tech bulletins and pamphlets.
        rec.music.makers.piano.   This usenet group only has piano topics but
                might cover shoulder pain in pianist or where to get good piano
                methods books.  There are often questions about buying
pianos and
                many opinions to answer.  There are not many technicians
present                       here.
        Pianotech.  You are all aware of this list.  This is the only place
that I know                   where strictly technical talk happens.  Would
encouraging other                 interneters help it get off track?
Perhaps we could make ourselves                 know to other technician
organizations in other countries.  (I'm still                 trying to find
out if any of the Japanese, Koreans, or Taiwanese techs
are on the internet.)  Having input from other countries might be
     valuable.  We do already have a few technicians from outside the US
              and Canada.

Kick around these ideas.

May you all have a prosperous New Year.

-Ron