Which Chapter

Ron Torrella torrella@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Tue, 03 Jan 1995 10:44:20 -0600

On Mon, 2 Jan 1995 gordo@genie.geis.com wrote:

> Hi Guys and Gals!  Nice to be among ya'all! <G>

Welcome!

> About 2-3 weeks before Christmas, I wrote 3 Chapters in Southern California
> to inquire as to which Chapter seemed to be the most interested in new
> members.  Guess what?  Not one reponse!  Isn't that a hoot?? <G>

2-3 weeks before Xmas....well, *I* was returning calls....telling folks
to contact me *after* the New Year.  Your phone may start ringing any
minute now.  (You *did* include a phone number, didn't you!)

> I live in the boonies in the middle between 3 chapters, all equally far in
> distance.  Not knowing which one to join, I checked out all 3.  No one
> seemed to care.  So I guess I'll continue receiving THE JOURNAL and forget
> about meetings and people. <G>

I live in the boonies *in the midst* of a chapter -- so to speak -- and
have yet to get to a meeting.  (Not that I'm proud of it...)  Perhaps you
should just go check all three of them out!   You may find that you
prefer one (or two) over the others.  Or you may find that you like all
three.  Good luck!

> I knew I should have showered in June instead of waiting until after
> Christmas! <BGW>

C'mon in!  That water's warm!

Cheers!

Ron Torrella                  "Dese are de conditions dat prevail."
School of Music                           --Jimmy Durante
University of Illinois