of mice and hammers

Newton Hunt nhunt@gandalf.rutgers.edu
Wed, 04 Jan 1995 08:43:10 -0500 (EST)

Happy New Year to you all,
      I have been advised by an MD that when dealing with mouse droppings
nests and other leavings to wear a mask, gloves, eye shields, and to use a
vacuum most carefully so as not to spread broadcast the viral spores that
cause the fatal infection that was first identified by the mysterious deaths
in the southwest in the last couple of years.  It appears that it is cause by
mice droppings.  Air born viral spores is THE cause.

      David Stanwood of Marthas Vineyard has been weighing hammers for some
time now and has determined a set of standards and other tables for the
weight of hammers weighed from a frictionless pivot at the center pin to the
strike point which is resting on a digital gram scale.  He can be reached at
508-693-1583.  He is also doing interesting things with friction control,
front key weight and wippen flange springs.  I have done one complete action
and the results are rather great.  It has turned into the practice room of
choice for the entire student body.

            Newton J. Hunt
            nhunt@gandalf.rutgers.edu
P.S.  You can contact me directly if you are interested in more details.