Magnetic pick-up

Barbara Richmond berich@heartland.bradley.edu
Fri, 13 Jan 1995 13:53:20 -0600 (CST)

Dave,

I tried the magnetic pick-up.  Gosh, I didn't think it worked
very well.  I'm not even sure what I've done with mine, but
I'll look for it this afternoon and if I find it, it's yours.
Has anyone else had good luck with it?

Ear plugs--were you the one who asked?  I use those funny
looking orange ones that give the wearer the look of a martian
muppet.  I think the secret to using any type of plug (or
cotton, as I recently read someone recommending) is to train
yourself to use it--kind of like getting used to contact
lenses.  Just keep at it, and you'll get used to them.  I think
a went at it in steps (backwards), first trying to tune
unisons, then after getting used to that, trying octaves, etc.
Somedays I wear them, some days I can't stand them.  But, I do
know I don't get as shell shocked anymore and can stand to go
home and play my own piano or listen to music.

Good luck!

Barbara Richmond
Illinois Wesleyan University
Bloomington, Illinois

PS  Today when I entered IWU's auditorium to do some consert
    work, there was a bat flying around.  Happy Friday the 13th!

--
Obey gravity; it's the law.